Glennallen Community Chapel is looking for a weekly Worship Leader. This person would lead the worship team as well as lead the congregation each Sunday in music. This is a part-time paid position.
Worship Leader Ministry Description:
CHURCH SUMMARY: Glennallen Community Chapel is an independent, non-denominational church located in the remote town of Glennallen, Alaska. The church is located on the south end of town and sits near the intersection of the Glenn and Richardson Highways.
The church was established in 1946 and has a rich history of ministry in the Copper River Valley. We are multi- generational and wish to maintain an at least somewhat blended worship style that includes contemporary praise and worship, led in a way in which Christ is honored and God is glorified.
Ministry Description: Part-time Worship Leader
The primary responsibilities of the part-time worship leader will be to lead the congregation in worship on Sunday mornings and to expand the music ministry at Glennallen Chapel as able. This person is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor. The candidate will possess an adaptable skill set and basic leadership capabilities, which will enable and allow a worship ministry to grow and thrive.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrated leadership in being able to lead and disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Glennallen Community Chapel in the area of worship ministry which in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of our church. Lead in creating and implementing new worship ideas and opportunities, that enhance the overall ministry of the church.
3. Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship service each week. This includes building and developing a worship team and scheduling vocalists. Responsibilities also include the preparation for and leading of rehearsals each week.
4. Proficiency in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Capability of leading and with a guitar and/or keyboard is preferable. Ability and willingness to work with the people involved in worship at the present time on some level.
5. Meet with the pastor weekly for mutual encouragement and oversight of the worship ministry.
7. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for any special events beyond of Sunday worship services.
8. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take no less than 10 and no more than 15 hours per week.
Please submit your resume in, including 3 references, to the following email address. Please use “Attention Worship Leader Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. Thank you.